Monday, May 12, 2014

Blogs & another Mother's Heart-wrenching Grace

So very often I read a few of my favorite blogs & think this is great! I could do this....I could write this. I read a blog though today that I hope & pray I never ever have to write or even come close to writing. I pray for & follow a lot of sick kids on a Facebook, and sadly & heartbreakingly, there are far too many there & everywhere, and if  I could Like & pray for every one of  their sweet pages, I would! Well, there is a beautifully written, heart on the sleeve blog I came across from at first a link shared by a friend to pray for this sweet boy Ben Sauer & his family. Ben is 5 years old & is dying of cancer. His mothers strength & grace as she is watching her little boy die before her, brings me to tears  every time. She is stronger than I could ever hope or pray to be in her position & it's awe-inspiring & almost takes my breathe away.

She would tell you though it isn't her strength & isn't her grace that carries her through, it's God's. I'm singing "A Mighty Fortress is our God."in my head as I write.  Her testimony is beyond amazing. So, Ben Sauer's mom, I wish I wasn't writing this now for your sake & your sweet little boy's, as I know when you write your blog you probably feel the same, but for my sake & all the others your words & testimony have graced, thank you for writing. You are one of truest examples of God's strength & ever present grace in times of  heart wrenching anguish, that I have ever been privileged & honored to read.

I will weep again with you far too soon when I read the post that is inevitably to come in the next few days, and on that sad, sad day, I just know, as always & by God's grace, you again will be an example to us all. My heart & prayers are with Ben & you & your whole family.

In loving honor of the blog:
BENSAUER.BLOGSPOT.COM

No comments:

Post a Comment